Good morning Lacrosse fans -
We're only a few weeks away from our Spring 2021 season! While we are still working to finalize many details, here is how things are shaping up:
1) Practice Schedule - The 5th and 6th grade boys (12U) will practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Greenland Rec Maloney Field in Greenland. Practice will be 5:30 to 7:00pm.
2) Game Schedule - The 5th and 6th grade boys will play in the New Hampshire Youth Lacrosse Assocation league (NHYLA or "nye-luh") against teams throughout the state. The season schedule, once available, and additional information can be found at NHYLA.org The first game is scheduled for Sunday April 11th and the last game of the season will be the weekend of June 12th-13th. We will play on Sunday (mostly) mornings either at home (Portsmouth High School or Greenland Rec Maloney Field) or away at fields that could be across the state. We will play NHYLA games every Sunday from April 11 to June 12-13, except for Memorial Day weekend. For families that are planning to travel during April school vacation week, we will work something out - but there will be games both weekends of vacation week for kids that will be home. We usually do something in-house (intra-squad scrimmages, for example) on Memorial Day, too. The detailed game schedule will be available by April 1st.
3) Team Selection - We are projecting two teams for 12U boys this year. Adam Bottrill will head coach the "A" league team. I, Ben D'Antonio, will head coach the "B" league team. We will all practice together at Maloney, which may help with logistics. We also have some great assistant coaches that will help out when available. We will use the first few practices to evaluate and place the boys on their respective teams. With some boys playing year round on club teams and others not having picked up a stick since 2019, we are expecting a diversity of skill and experience and will strive to place the boys on the team that will further their development and enjoyment to the greatest extent possible. We also working to provide an opportunity for some "B" league players to earn some additional "A" league experience, from time to time, based on effort, attitude, and ability.
4) COVID - This year, we will all be wearing masks at all times - even on the field. We are working on COVID protocols and will make those available before the season begins.
5) Uniforms - We switched uniforms in 2020 to reversible pinnies and black shorts. If your player does not have that uniform, please let us know at
The online store to order uniforms has closed, but we may have some inventory to sell. If you ordered a uniform online from Atlantic, those will be direct shipped to you in the very near future. Any problems with your Atlantic order should be handled directly with Atlantic.
6) Gear - Dicks is having another 20% off sale next weekend. The coupon will be posted to our homepage again. Otherwise, the boys will be required to wear full gear - Stick, Helmet, Gloves, Shoulder Pads, Arm Pads, and a Cup. Cleats are recommended, but not required. Soccer cleats are fine. Play it Again also has a good selection of used gear.
Thank you for your patience as we iron out the remaining details for the season. We are all excited to get back out on the field and are grateful that the 2021 season is looking good so far. Please let me know if you have any questions - otherwise, stay tuned for information.
Thank you and Go Seacoast!!
Boys Coaching Coordinator and Club President